Zazoom Media Group is looking for a creative who loves being on the cutting edge of storytelling to join our team of new media specialists. ZMG produces and distributes viral, short-form video content in multiple languages that is both entertaining and informative under multiple brands including Buzz60, Veuer, Grate & Full, Pennygem, and Mommy 3.0. ZMG pulls in millions of viewers a week and works closely with several major media groups. We’re a passionate group and are looking for like minded individuals that share our ambition and vision.
As part of the Studio team you’ll be tasked with crafting engaging visuals for sponsored and editorial content and editing videos to tell compelling stories. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can also provide mentorship to internal talent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and produce graphics, including motion graphics for sponsored content
- Edit interview and short-form news videos
- Create and edit motion graphic videos as needed, including screen capture, product promotion, explainer videos and illustration highlights
- Color correct and sound mix final videos
- Maintain broadcast quality on all video products
- Maintain Brand aesthetics
- Collaborate with Producers to design motion graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear visuals
- Utilize knowledge of typography and advanced principals of design, using a variety of applications (including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Develop detailed design palettes and style guides for Production teams
- Produce high level and/or detailed storyboards and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines.
- Set accurate estimates on delivery expectations and send status updates to stake holders
- Research and continuously evaluate industry trends, our production needs and contribute to conversations surrounding technology to support, streamline and improve our postproduction process.
- Final Cut Pro X (Advanced), Media Encoder (Advanced), Photoshop (Advanced), After Effects (Supreme) Motion (Advanced).
- Motion graphics reel and portfolio of graphic design work
- Editing and motion graphics experience
- Deep understanding of codecs, resolutions, frame rates, bitrates, file formats & wrappers
- 3+ years experience working on motion infographics, typeface animation, graphic design, typography and branding packages with quick turnarounds
- Ability to work with a writer or producer to breakdown the elements of a story or set of statistics and recreate them in a visually engaging, creative way
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Based in NYC and available to start full-time
- Must be an information junkie and a team player